Sodium hypochlorite is a multi-purpose chemical that can benefit various aspects of our lives, from water and surface purification, black spot removal, odour removal and water disinfection. It is also widely regarded as the best patio cleaning chemical on the market! In this blog post, we will explore the numerous uses of sodium hypochlorite, its effectiveness in outdoor cleaning, and essential safety precautions for handling this powerful, versatile chemical.
Versatility in Cleaning: One of the standout features of sodium hypochlorite is its
efficacy in outdoor cleaning. Widely regarded as the best patio and outdoor cleaning product on the market, this chemical powerhouse effortlessly tackles built-up dirt, black spots, and lichen on various surfaces, giving old and ageing flagstones a new lease on life.
Instructions for use:
- Mix 1 part of the solution with up to 5 parts of water.
- Wet the surface with water, apply the mixture to the affected area, agitate with a brush and leave it to work for 45-60 minutes. Keep the area wet throughout the cleaning process. If the area dries, the cleaning stops. Some marks may lift quicker than others.
- During the cleaning process, reapply the product to any stubborn areas and agitate with a brush for an even finish. For more stubborn stains, the advised dilution ratio can be increased.
- Wash away with a pressure washer or water and a brush.
Apply the product on a dry day, avoiding heavy rain during the application period.
- Do not use on lawns, flowerbeds, vegetable plots, or around trees and shrubs.
- Keep people and pets away from the treated area for two days following application.
- When handling chemicals, it is essential to wear protective attire such as gloves,
goggles, and boots. Ensure proper ventilation, particularly in enclosed areas.
Economic and Efficient: Sodium hypochlorite's strength and dilution ratio make it an economical choice for consumers. For example, 5L can cover an impressive area of 120m², offering both efficiency and cost-effectiveness. The quick and easy-to-use formula requires a dilution ratio of up to 1:5, resulting in a total of 30L of final product.
Sodium hypochlorite’s ability to work at very low concentrations makes it a popular choice for purifying water and maintaining the hygiene of swimming pools.
Safety Precautions: While Liquipak’s Sodium Hypochlorite offers remarkable benefits, it is crucial to handle it with care. Protective clothing, including gloves, goggles and boots should be worn when using chemicals. Adequate ventilation is necessary, especially in confined spaces.
Dilution Best Practices: Users are advised to dilute Sodium Hypochlorite carefully, following the recommended guidelines. Adding acid to water, not water to acid, is a critical rule to observe when diluting acids. Mixing sodium hypochlorite with other chemicals, such as ammonia or acids, should be strictly avoided to prevent hazardous reactions.
Sodium hypochlorite stands as a powerful ally in maintaining cleanliness, hygiene, and aesthetic appeal in various settings. By understanding its uses, economic advantages, and adhering to safety guidelines, consumers can harness the full potential of sodium hypochlorite while minimizing risks. Always prioritise safety, follow recommended guidelines, and enjoy the benefits of this remarkable cleaning agent.